Chapter Headings in the RRB

Friday, August 14, 2026

 RRB notes on Psalm 75


Psalms 75 KJV


To the chief Musician, Al-taschith, A Psalm or Song of Asaph.


1. Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks, unto thee do we give thanks: for that thy name is near thy wondrous works declare. [1]


[1] The Psalm is connected with the Second Advent. The speaker is Jesus Christ in verses 2-6. In verses 8-9, David speaks for himself and Christ, but verse 10 is Christ alone, again.


2. When I shall receive the congregation I will judge uprightly.


3. The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: [a] I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.


[a] At the end of the Tribulation (Isa. 24:1-5; Jer. 4:23-27).


4. I said unto the fools, Deal not foolishly: and to the wicked, Lift not up the horn:


5. Lift not up your horn on high: speak not with a stiff neck.


6. For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south.


7. But God [2] is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another.


[2] Notice the substitution of the word “God” for “north” (vs. 6). This advanced revelation identifying the location of New Jerusalem (Psa. 48:1-2; Isa. 14:13; Heb. 12:22-24), has been obliterated by all the scholars since 1880. Notice how often the Scripture mentions God coming from the north: Job 26:7, 37:22; Isaiah 41:25; Ezekiel 1:4. 


8. For in the hand of the LORD there is a cup, and the wine is red; it is full of mixture; and he poureth out of the same: but the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall wring them out, and drink them. [3]


[3] This verse reveals the unbelieving stupidity of John R. Rice. Rice thought the “cup” was a reference to physical death. He didn’t know what he was talking about (see comments on Heb. 5:7; Matt. 26:39, 42; John 18:11).


9. But I will declare for ever; I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.


10. All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off; but the horns of the righteous shall be exalted.


>>>>>>>Additional Notes<<<<<<<


Comments on Hebrews 5:7 KJV


Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, [e] and was heard [f] in that he feared;


[e] See note on Matt. 26:42.


[f] Cf. Isa. 49:8.

_______


Comments on Matthew 26:39 KJV


And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.


Matthew 26:42 KJV


He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup [10] may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.


[10] John R. Rice has this “cup” being the Devil trying to kill Christ in the garden. Going to Hebrews 5:7, he has this prayer being answered in the affirmative and the Lord not having to drink the “cup.” Christ’s prayer was indeed “heard” and answered – with a “NO!” The “cup” was the wrath of God (Psa. 75:8; Isa. 51:17, 22; Jer. 25:15, 17, 28, 49:12; Ezek. 23:31-33), and the Lord did drink it (John 18:11). John R. Rice didn’t know what he was talking about.

_______


Comments on John 18:11 KJV


Then said Jesus unto Peter, Put up thy sword into the sheath: the cup which my Father hath given me, shall I not drink it? [c] 


[c] See note on Matt. 26:42.

No comments:

Post a Comment