RRB notes: Psalm 116
Psalms 116 KJV
1. I love the LORD, because he hath heard my voice and my supplications.
2. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live.
3. The sorrows of death compassed me, and the pains of hell gat hold upon me: I found trouble and sorrow.
4. Then called I upon the name of the LORD; O LORD, I beseech thee, deliver my soul.
5. Gracious is the LORD, and righteous; yea, our God is merciful.
6. The LORD preserveth the simple: I was brought low, and he helped me.
7. Return unto thy rest, O my soul; for the LORD hath dealt bountifully with thee.
8. For thou hast delivered my soul from death, mine eyes from tears, and my feet from falling. [1]
[1] A perfect verse for illustrating that the spiritual, devotional application of verses 1-12 (applicable to anyone) has nothing to do with the doctrinal application of verses 13-19 to the Second Advent and Millennium. The man whose “soul” has been “delivered . . . from death” does not need to “take the cup of salvation” (vs. 13); he has already taken it and “tasted” it (1 Pet. 2:3). The word “salvation” has been added to 1 Peter 2:2 by 225 corrupt versions to make you think your salvation wasn’t complete when you got saved. First Peter 1:8-10 of the same epistle said that your soul was completely saved the moment you trusted Christ (1 Pet. 1:2-4).
9. I will walk before the LORD in the land of the living.
10. I believed, therefore have I spoken: [a] I was greatly afflicted:
[a] Acts 27:25; 2 Cor. 4:13.
11. I said in my haste, All men are liars.
12. What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
13. I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
14. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people. [b]
[b] Vs. 18.
15. Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints. [2]
[2] The “saints” are not Church Age saints. Historically, they are Old Testament Jewish saints (Dan. 7:27); prophetically they are the Jewish saints martyred in the Tribulation (Rev. 6:9-11, 14:12-13), where “salvation” is a combination of faith and works just as it was in the Old Testament (Rev. 12:17, 14:12, 22:14).
16. O LORD, truly I am thy servant; I am thy servant, and the son of thine handmaid: thou hast loosed my bonds.
17. I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.
18. I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people,
19. In the courts [3] of the LORD’s house, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem. Praise ye the LORD.
[3] These “courts” are not part of any church building, nor are they part of the Temple in the book of Ezra as the commentators pretend. These “courts” are in the Millennial Temple of Ezekiel 40-46 (see note on Psa. 84:1).
>>>>>>> Additional Notes <<<<<<<
Note on Psa. 84:1 KJV
How amiable are thy tabernacles, [1] O LORD of hosts!
[1] The word “tabernacles” is used because God’s dwelling place had been one Tabernacle in the wilderness, then one sanctuary under Solomon, another Temple under Herod, and then in the Millennium, it will be a rebuilt Temple (Ezek. 40-46) containing “courts” (plural; vs. 10 cf. Ezek. 40:19-20) and “altars” (plural; vs. 3 cf. Ezek. 40:39-42, 41:22, 43:19-27).
_______
No comments:
Post a Comment